Knowing These 5 Secrets Will Make Your Website Design Look Amazing
Many factors need to work in perfect harmony to make a website appear attractive. Here we are sharing some dope secrets to make your web design shine brighter than the competition. It is totally up to you how you use these secrets for your benefit. Good luck!
1. The Balanced The Better
- It is precisely like balancing weight; it should not be tilted to any one side. It would help if you achieved symmetry in your designs.
- Every design that you like is in perfect symmetry if you think about it. A well-constructed plan is always the key to get people like your website.
- The visual weight of textures, colors, objects, and space should be distributed entirely to make it all look like a one flowing thing, and nothing should stand out.
- Balance in design gives stability and the entire website appears pleasant to visitors. They won’t even know why they like the interface so much. Balance compositions can never go wrong, and they are always aesthetically appealing to look through.
- However, the conversion path can severely be damaged if one area of the website is overpowering others. Nothing should be a shadow to the point that it is difficult to find.
- Unbalanced web design can hinder the conversion path. Visitors will be confused as they won’t be able to follow a clear path to navigate through a website.
- Unbalanced design means nothing is highlighting which information is more critical and what is more beneficial for the prospects. Only be making sure that your plan is well balanced. You can achieve so much.
2. Minimum Base Colors
- If you have chosen a palette with many colors as a base for your website we would recommend you to re-think the decision.
- You should go for two to three base colors at the most when it comes to web design. Colors have psychological effects too, and you have to choose them wisely.
- Rainbow or blazing gun colors are not the right approaches to go for it. Some colors look naturally good together, while others don’t.
- You may find a lot of theories regarding color combinations, but in the end, what truly works is common sense and how you are feeling about your design.
- The best thing to do when it comes to select colors is going through as many combinations as you can. You can always use tints of your base colors to bring the effect.
- Many times we are told picking the right colors is essential, but how often have you have been shown to pick beautiful colors? It is equally vital.
- Remember, every color delivers a different message, and every shade decides the tone of that message. It is totally up to you to get that message rightly read. However, there is no sure recipe for color selection. The same thing that has worked for your competitor’s website might not work for you.
3. Compartmentalizing With Grids
- Horizontal and vertical rulers’ series is known as grids, and it is closely related to balancing the design.
- The easiest way to understand this is columns. Columns increase readability by making looking at content easily.
- Every element on a webpage should be comfortable on eyes, and it should not make your webpage appear messy or cluttered. Grids help to avoid that from happening.
- Rule of thirds and Golden Ratio are perfect examples of how grids can make design look better and appealing. It becomes increasingly important for websites with a lot of content.
- If you are looking towards creating a website that makes people happy only by having a look at it, then grids are the way to reach that destination.
- Grids are known to provide order and clarity to the design itself. It also offers consistency to the layout. Adding and removing elements becomes easy when a designer is working with grids.
- All the elements, including texts, images, videos, and spaces, will appear in perfect harmony if grids applied on the website. Your visitors will be able to process the information with clarity and incomplete order. It will come minus the confusion from the pages.
4. Improved Typography
- There are so many elements included in the art of type. It is regarded as a part of the design, but a lifetime can be spent talking about it.
- The typeface of a website is the essential thing that delivers the intentions of the business. When it is used as an extension of a brand on a website, it can create wonders.
- It would be best if you chose a typeface that goes with the style of industry you are operating in. It provides consistency to the web design.
- Professionals who offer web development services are always keen on selecting the typography that is not too outrageous and goes with the ideology of not only a brand but the customer base as well.
- Content looks exciting, and more people are interested in going through it if the typography is attractive. It makes users experience positive and increase the chances of them to return to the webpage.
- However, there can be some restrictions while using a typeface. Mostly these restrictions are based on the industry you work with. There might be some typefaces considered inappropriate in your industry, and you need to steer clear of them. You need to consider the message you intend to deliver as a brand before choosing typography.
5. Connecting The Elements
- If the elements on a website are scattered here, and there it can confuse visitors so much. We all know confusing visitors is not wise, and the proper web design gives them clarity.
- The connection between the elements provides a beautiful look to the website. You may have perfect color and typography, your design might be in grids, but if the features don’t make any sense together, visitors will have a bad experience.
- Unity among the elements means how different aspects of the webpage are interacting and how they fit with each other.
- A simple example would be to see if the colors and graphics are looking good together, or they both are too different from each other.
- Connecting all the elements provides unity and consistency, which are two of the significant factors behind the success of a website.
- If there is no consistency, the entire design will appear sloppy, and without unity, it is almost impossible to have a good plan. This might be one of the toughest things to get right about web designing.
- There is no proper way to teach someone how to gain a connection; the only things that can help are practice and experience.
Shaeel Ahmed is a digital marketing expert, and he has honed his craft of writing a well-versed, creative content. Besides writing, he is interested in reading and is up-to-date with the latest global trends. He is familiar with the art of writing engaging content and is ready to start a conversation with the readers.