Are you looking to switch from Outlook Express to Outlook? If so, you would need to convert DBX file manually to PST.
Outlook Express uses the DBX file to save the mailbox data and Outlook uses PST file. So, you would need to convert your DBX file to PST if you want to access your Outlook Express mailbox data on Outlook. It is easy when both of the email client software uses the same file format, but it can be extremely difficult for normal users when they use different file formats.
Don’t worry, and we got you covered, you will be able to convert DBX files to PST files without any hitch from now on. Follow this article carefully and look at how you can convert DBX files to PST with ease.
How to convert DBX files to PST Manually
Well, you have to follow the steps listed below to perform the conversion. These are simple steps, and everyone should be able to do it. If not, we will list another method below to convert DBX files to PST in a jiffy.
Locate the DBX Files on the system – First, you have to find the DBX files located on your system and here is how you can do that.
- Press the Windows button and type Control Panel and open it.
- Now, you have to click on the Appearance and Theme option in the Control Panel.
- After that, you have to click on the Folder Options and then navigate to View tab.
- Now, you have to check the option of ‘Show files, folders, and drive options,’ which is located below the hidden files and folders option.
- Now, you will be able to copy the DBX files from the folder they are located in.
Transfer DBX files to Windows Live Mail – Now, you have to transfer the DBX files in the windows live mail, and here is how to do that.
- Open Windows Live Mail and click on the File tab and then click on the Import Messages.
- Now, you have to choose Microsoft Outlook Express 6 options and click Next to proceed.
- Now, browse the location where DBX files are stored and select them.
- Then, you will have to choose the folders from the mailbox you want to import to Windows Live Mail.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to complete the process.
Transfer Windows Live Mail Data to Outlook – Now, you have to use the Windows live mail to transfer the data to Outlook.
- You have to open Outlook and windows live mail simultaneously.
- Now, you have to click on the File to Export, and Email Messages in windows live mail.
- Now, select the Microsoft Exchange option and click on the Next button.
- A pop will appear; click OK to proceed to the next step.
- Now, you have to select the folders in Outlook where you want to transfer the files and click OK.
- After the process is finished, click on the Finish button.
As you can see that it is one of the most prolonged processes to follow along, one wrong step, and the effort you put into it will be lost. So, you would need a method that can instantly convert the DBX file to PST without any issue.
Directly convert DBX to PST
To convert DBX to PST directly, you would need the help of a third-party tool. Yes, with a third-party tool, you would be able to convert the file without any hitch.
Shoviv DBX to PST converter is the best tool you would find on the market. With this software, you will be able to convert to several other file formats such as EML and MSG. This tool also provides a recovery solution for the DBX files. If your DBX files are corrupted or damaged, you can use it to recover the data as well.
They also provide the demo version to test out the product; with this, you will be able to convert the first 50 items without additional cost.
This tool has several high-quality features, such as live preview and exporting options. You won’t feel out of your comfort zone while using it because it is based on Outlook GUI. So, go on and check out the tool on their official website for the complete overlook.
Now, you have two options in front of you to complete the task, and you have to decide which one is right for you. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, select the one which feels right to you.